The process of how to delete Target account is simple and easy but many people have a hard time figuring out how to do it. It is also a wise decision if you no longer want to buy from that store or to protect your financial data.
Target is a large and eclectic retail store in the U.S., which sells strange products.
Although it is quite popular, there are occasions when you may wish to terminate your account, especially when the amount of unwanted emails with promotions and updates is too high.
Now, let us go into the process of deleting your Target account, how to handle the account of a deceased loved one, canceling a Target credit card, and how long it takes for a Target account to be deleted.
How to Delete Target Account
Before you go ahead and delete your account, take a moment to figure out what kind of account you’ve got. Your choices could be:
- Target Website Account: If you’ve shopped online at Target and want to get rid of your account, which includes your email, home address, and credit card info, you might do this to lower the risk of identity theft.
- Target Circle: If you’re part of Target Circle, the store’s rewards program, deleting this account is a different thing than getting rid of your Target website account.
- Target RedCard: The Target RedCard is a credit card just for Target. Deleting this could impact your credit score, and it’s a separate process from removing the other two accounts.
The different ways you can delete your target account are;
1. Delete the Target Account Online from the Website
To delete your Target account, since there’s no direct delete button on the website, go to Target’s official site, log in, and click on “Target Help” at the bottom.
Then choose “see contact options,” select “Target.com order experience” from the menu, hit “Chat Now,” and ask the personal assistant in the chat to delete your account.
2. Delete the Target Account Through Email
To delete your account through email, open your regular email services like Gmail or Yahoo, and compose an email to this Target email address with the subject “Request for Account Deletion” or “Target Account Deletion Request,”.
Then explain why you want to delete your account, send the email, and then wait for Target customer service to confirm.
3. Delete Target Account by Calling Target Customer Service
For a quicker response, the most effective way to delete your Target account is by calling customer service at 1-800-591-3869.
Just dial the number, explain why you want to close your account, and confirm your details when asked, and they’ll assist in permanently deleting your Target account promptly.
How to Delete a Target Account for a Deceased One
If a loved one has passed away and you want to delete their Target website or Target Circle account permanently, follow these steps:
1. Login with their credentials into the account. If possible, call customer service and talk them into deactivating and deleting the account.
2. In case you cannot reach the account, visit Target’s customer service page and click on the ‘chat now’ button. Inform that you are closing accounts for your deceased relative and state the details.
3. On the contrary, if you would rather talk, contact Target customer care at 1-800-591-3869. Inform them about your loved one, and they will help you in closing the account.
How to Cancel a Target Credit Card
If you’re worried about your credit score and have a Target credit card with no balance, it’s a good idea to consult a financial advisor before canceling it.
Others recommend keeping accounts inactive rather than canceling them but leaving them open may constitute a fraud risk.
In case you have lost someone close to you, you need to cancel their credit card accounts and think about deleting their social media and other digital afterlife details.
To cancel a Target credit card, follow these steps:
1. Dial the number at the back of the Target credit card (888-729-7331), and give the card number, name of the account owner, and address. Request to close and turn off the account.
2. Or, in case you prefer mail, send a letter to Target Corporation, P.O. Box 9491, Minneapolis, MN, 55440, informing them of your intention to close the account.
It’s important to note that the process for closing the account remains the same even if it’s for a living person or someone who has passed away, according to the details you agreed to when opening the Target credit card.
How Long Does it Take to Delete a Target Account?
If you want to delete your Target account, contact customer service through chat, call, or email, but it may take a few days. Once deleted, your account will have limited functionality.
To cancel a Target Circle subscription, log in, go to My Account, click on Subscriptions, and choose what to cancel. Cancel anytime. If you’re in a trial, cancel online; if past the trial, call 1-800-591-3869.
If you want to reset your password, click “Forgot Password” on the sign-in page. Go to the link in the email for reset.
To change your email, click Settings on Target’s website, click Edit under email, enter a new email, and after verification, save it.
To remove an address, log in on the Target website, go to Account, click on Addresses, select the one to be removed, and click “Remove”.
To delete your Target account, contact customer service via chat, call, or email, and be patient because it takes several days. Your account will be visible after deletion but with limited functions.
For particular modifications, go through simple processes to cancel a Target credit card, reset your password, change your email, or delete an address.
Though it may take some time, these straightforward steps will guide you through effectively based on your Target journey.