Can You Return Items to Target Without Receipt? We’ve all been there in that moment of frustration when you need to make a return, only to realize you can’t find the receipt.
If you’ve misplaced the receipt or are attempting to return an unwanted gift without a gift receipt, you may be curious about the possibility of returning items to Target.
Don’t worry, we’ll address all your questions about the return policy, ensuring you know the steps to complete your return without the confusion of going through Target’s entire policy.
Can You Return Items to Target without Receipt?
Yes, returning items to Target is possible without a receipt. As long as it’s within 90 days and meets the return criteria, Target will either give you a new one or provide you with a refund.
However, the process may vary depending on the type of purchase and the payment method used.
In case you purchased something online, the website features return barcodes and receipts that can be accessed directly from your Target account.
From here on your own, you can also find all the information needed regarding in-store purchases capitalized with a credit card linked to the Target account or app.
If you cannot show proof of purchase, which can include receipts, digital barcodes, or packing slips, you can still try to request a return by bringing with you the item and the method of payment used within that available refund time frame.
The store will be able to search for receipts based on the type of payment method used with certain methods that include Target RedCard and third-party credit cards referred to in this context such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
You are only entitled to a refund if you can provide proof of purchase because merchandise return cards may also be given.
What are the Target Return Policy Exceptions?
Here are the exceptions to Target’s return policy:
1. Opened Music, Movies, Video Games, and Software: If you’ve opened these items, you can’t return them, but you might be able to exchange them at the store for the same title or a different version for the same gaming platform.
2. Open Airbeds: Once you’ve opened an airbed, you can’t return it, but you may be able to exchange it for a similar one.
3. Defective or Open Collectibles: Items like sports cards, special edition Barbie dolls, porcelain dolls, action figures, and die-cast cars, if opened or defective, cannot be returned.
4. Electronics and Entertainment Items: You have 30 days to return or exchange these items if you change your mind.
5. Drones: If you bought a drone, you have a 14-day window to return or exchange it.
How to Return an Item Purchased from Target
For in-store returns of items purchased from Target, it’s essential to have one of the following types of receipts:
1. A valid receipt.
2. A return barcode, which becomes accessible once the order has been shipped, delivered by a Shipt shopper, or picked up. To locate the return barcode, simply follow the instructions provided under “Start a return online” below.
3. The currency method used in a primary transaction would be payment by credit or debit card.
To find the return barcode and initiate the return process online:
1. Follow the instructions outlined under “Start a return online.”
2. Look for the return barcode, which should be generated after your order has been shipped, delivered by a Shipt shopper, or picked up.
If you don’t have a receipt, the store might try to look up your purchase to help with the return. It’s important to ensure that your return aligns with Target’s specified return policy.
How to Return an Item Purchased from Target Online
Here’s how to go about it:
1. Sign In: Start by logging into your Target account. This ensures that the return process is linked to your account, making it smoother.
2. Find Your Order: Upon logging, proceed to the ‘Orders’ location. To choose a specific return order. This step essentially allows you to choose the best transaction.
3. View Order Details: Click on ‘View Order’ to see a detailed statement reflecting your order. This step guarantees the process is not blurred, and that you understand what was purchased.
4. Initiate Return: Returning an item is made easier by the detail of the order, where you can find ‘Return an Item’ and it activates the return process.
5. Choose Return Method: Select either method of in-store returns and a Team Member will use a barcode; whereas, choose the method to return by mail as you select the item.
6. Prepare for Return by Mail: If you’ve opted for return by mail, print the provided mailing label. Affix this label securely to the outside of the package. This ensures a hassle-free return process.
7. Drop Off at UPS: If you are out of the country, or if you choose to return the package via mail take the packaged item to a UPS drop-off location. This is the final step in completing the back trip.
How to Return a Large Item to Target
Returning large or heavy items to Target is a simple process, but there are specific steps to follow. Here’s a guide on how to return such items:
1. In-Store Return
Most items, including large ones, can be returned to a Target store without incurring stocking fees.
Simply bring the disassembled and boxed item to the same point of delivery for the carrier to pick up.
2. Return Pickup for Eligible Items
To arrange return pickup for large items like furniture and electronics at Target, check eligibility by contacting Target Guest Services at 1-800-591-3869 with your order details.
When opting for a return pickup, prepare disassembled, boxed items for return pickup at the specified location during regular business hours with an 8-hour window.
Additional time may be required based on your location. Include the packing slip for smoother refund processing; if unavailable, you can still return the item.
3. Return Pickup Considerations
Return pickup is not available for all items and is generally reserved for large items weighing over 150 pounds.
A signature by a person who is 18 years or older will be required during the pickup process unless the initial delivery method was To-the-Door Delivery.
How Will I Be Refunded at Target?
Refunds are generally credited back to the original payment method used for the purchase. If multiple payment methods were used, the refund may be distributed across all methods.
In-store returns without the original receipt may result in a merchandise return card.
Also, the timing is:
- Refunds to a Target RedCard take up to 2 days after approval.
- Third-party credit card refunds take up to 5 days after approval; contact your card issuer for details.
- Returns to the Online Return Center require inspection, taking an average of 7-10 additional business days after receipt for refund approval.
Refund Options as seen in the table below:
|CashTarget gift card
|Merchandise return cards will be used for checks that haven’t cleared. Cash if the return is made 10 days after the date of purchase.
|Credit to debit card
|For purchases made after September 13, 2022, refunds are issued to the original form(s) of payment in most circumstances.
Purchases made with a Target GiftCard will be credited back as a new Target eGiftCard.
Cash issued for in-store returns for purchases before September 13, 2022.
Target eGiftCard issued for mail-in returns for purchases before September 13, 2022.
|RedCard:Target Credit Card or Target Mastercard
|Credit to RedCardTarget GiftCard
Target Debit Card
|Target Debit CardTarget GiftCard
|RedCard: Target Credit Card or Target Mastercard
|Target gift card
|Third-party Gift Card: American Express Gift Card, Simon’s Gift Card
|RedCard: Target Credit Card or Target Mastercard
|Credit to third-party credit card target GiftCard
|Reloaded onto a gift cardCashTarget GiftCard
What If I Send in the Wrong Return Item?
If you accidentally send the wrong item for a return:
Target may initiate the refund before physically receiving the returned item. However, if upon inspection, it’s determined that the item is not eligible for a refund, Target may charge your card for the refund that was already issued to you.
This means you might end up being responsible for the refunded amount if the returned item doesn’t meet the specified return policy criteria.
If the item you return is unexpected or ineligible (for instance, if it’s used or damaged), Target may decide not to send you the replacement.
This implies that fulfilling the replacement request is contingent upon the returned item meeting the predefined conditions.
How Do I Extend the Target Return Policy Window?
If you want more time to return items to Target, consider getting a Target REDCard.
By signing up for it, you get an extra 30 days added to the regular return policy, making it a total of 120 days. This means you have a longer period to bring back items if needed.
The Target REDCard offers some additional benefits too! Along with the extended return window, you also get a 5% discount on your purchases every day.
So, if you’re someone who plans to do a fair amount of shopping and returns at Target, having a REDCard might be a good idea.
It gives you more time to decide about returns and offers some extra savings with the ongoing discount.
Returning items to Target without a receipt is feasible, but it’s essential to familiarize yourself with the store’s specific policies and guidelines.
Following Target’s return procedures increases the likelihood of a successful return, making the process smoother, especially if you don’t have a receipt.