So what is a FedEx freight claim? A FedEx freight claim is a formal seeking for repayment of freight damages or lost packages from a freight shipper or consignee of goods to the freight carrier. For the claim to be effective, it must be filed within a set time frame and include evidence such as a bill of lading, insurance policy, and pictures of the damage.
Cargo carriers will not be responsible for the damages or loss if the shipping contract does not in detail mention cargo insurance.
Hence, it is crucial for businesses to understand their rights and responsibilities when shipping goods.
What is a FedEx Freight Claim?
Like we’ve said before, a FedEx freight claim is a formal seeking for repayment of freight damages or lost packages from a freight shipper or consignee of goods to the freight carrier.
Freight claims can come to play when goods are damaged or go missing while transporting them.
This can be an expensive and frustrating experience for businesses, as it can time delay shipments and disrupt operations.
The Causes of Freight Claim
Below are some of the reasons why someone cans file for a claim for claims, from damage during transport to goods going missing in transit.
Some of the most common causes include:
- When the good is not packed properly or handled by the shipper
- Improper securing/handling of freight by the carrier
- When the weather conditions are bad that it caused damage to goods
- Transport by unauthorized carriers
- There are also incidents of Theft or hijacking of the cargo
- Inaccuracies between the invoice and shipment
What Documents Should Be Attached to FedEx Claim Form?
The following documents should be provided:
1. Duplicate of FedEx air waybill, FedEx Ship Manager printout, FedEx Ground Pick-Up Record, or delivery receipt.
2. All documents relating to the evidence of value
- Copy of the invoice from the supplier or vendor
- Copy of retail invoice or receipt
- Final confirmation screen in the case of an online order with proof of payment
- Statement of non-repair or itemized repair invoices
- Expense statements
- Or any other applicable documentation.
3. If applicable, the serial number(s) of the merchandise.
4. Inspection report, if applicable.
Where Do I Send FedEx Claim Form?
You can send the completed form and needed proof of value documentation (invoice/and or receipt) by clicking HERE
Or Faxing 1.877.229.4766, or FedEx Cargo Claims Dept. P.O. Box 256 Pittsburgh, PA 15230
If you fax your claim, then you should get a confirmation letter shortly.
A FedEx Freight claim is a request for compensation when a shipment has been lost, damaged, or delayed during transit.
If you want your claim to be looked into, then it’s important that you file that claim as soon as possible, don’t keep wasting time, do it now.
If you have any questions or concerns about the claims process, reach out to FedEx Freight customer service for assistance.