The season of markets and fairs are upon us. The streets are festooned with lights, the tables are up and the music is playing. And Cornwall has gone wild with Christmas Markets..
Krowji Open Studios – Friday Evening 30th November, then Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd December all day. The artists, makers and creatives of Krowji will be opening their studio doors to showcase a range of their products perfect for Christmas gift giving. Opening on Friday evening, expect live music, food at the cafe and festive feelings all round from the Krowji residents! (Don’t forget to help yourself to a free myCornwall Magazine on your visit too!
2. Etsy Made Local – Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd December. St Ives’ Guildhall will be welcoming the Etsy makers of Cornwall as they set up shop for St Ives’ most festive weekend. Enjoy Santa arriving by boat in the harbour before checking out a range of 40 stalls all carefully selected and curated by the Etsy Cornwall team. This year they’v’e a plastic free focus, amazing food, cakes and coffee and plenty of gifts for you to browse.
3. Christmas at Trerice – 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th, 22nd and 23rd December. From visiting Tudor Father Christmas to making your own decorations, Christmas at Trerice house has expectations to be a unique, traditional Christmas with events taking place throughout the various dates listed above.
4. Trevena Cross Christmas – 1st & 2nd, 8th & 9th and 15th & 16th December. Three weekends of festive family entertainment and attractions including the biggest charity fundraising grotto in West Cornwall. With 60+ stalls of high quality gifts, food and produce alongside live music, free entry and plenty of festive fun. There is parking available with good disabled access. Santa will also be present during the first three Thursdays of December until 8pm.
5. Fowey Christmas Market – November 30th to December 2nd. With over 100 traders taking over the streets of this picturesque coastal town. Fowey Christmas Market will be showcasing a range of maker’s work alongside a lantern parade, the arrival of Father Christmas and live music.
6. Bude Christmas Fayre – 2nd December 11am – 4pm. Santa is making a special appearance at the upcoming Bude Christmas Fayre, which is to be held on Sunday 2nd December, from 11am to 4pm. The Christmas Fayre is the biggest ever organised by Bude-Stratton Town Council, and so this year it will be held across both the Parkhouse Centre and The Castle, Bude.
7. Padstow Christmas Fair – 6th to 9th December. A four day festival of food, local shopping, music, all things Cornish and all things Christmas make up one of the largest Christmas festivals in Cornwall in the foodie hub of Padstow. Expect celebrity chefs a Santa Fun Run and much much more!
8. Looe Christmas Market and Gin Fair – 9th December. Down on the Buller Quay from noon until 5pm you’ll find a range of Christmas craft stalls and gin fair to get the Christmas festivities going!
9. Christmas at Underpine Woods – 9th December. A new event to Bude’s Underpine Woods. Expect twinkly lights, stunning gifts and handmade treats all set in amongst the tranquility of the woodland beside a trickling stream. Wander the stalls and atmospheric nature whilst indulging in some mulled wine and mince pies.
10. Jubilee Wharf Christmas Fairy – Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th December. Penryn’s premier creative hub comes alive on this mid-December weekend for the annual Jubilee Wharf Christmas Fair. Enjoy Jubilee’s courtyard and Muddy Beach’s delicious food whilst browsing over 30 indoor and outdoor stalls selling handmade goods.
11. Mousehole Christmas Lights – Saturday 15th December. Gather in Mousehole (an iconic Cornish Christmas village) to witness the famous light switch on at 6.30pm. There will be carols sung by local choirs as well as a live band and various festive stalls set up around the village. If you can’t make the grand switch on, the lights will be on every evening from 5pm to 11pm until the 4th January with the exception of the 19th December when they will be dimmed from 8pm – 9pm.